This past week brought us some much anticipated sunshine and we made the most of it. A visit to Central Park post ballet, painting outside, Oscar walks and coffee & lunch at the Botanic Gardens with Bron & Eadie, just fabulous! We managed to tire Mia out and it showed. This is her striking in defiance and deciding that the side of the path is perfectly proper for a spot of drawing.
There is more sun guaranteed to come in September as we have booked a holiday to Queensland! So much to look forward to.1. Quality time with Sophie & Pete
2. Sun, Sun and more sun
3. Mia's first plane trip she can actually enjoy and remember! I can't wait to see her little face
4. Less clothes! So tired of the layers, can't wait to have some skin to skin, particularly with Poppy.
5. The simple pleasures that come from a change of scene....
I must say Luke is very good at reminding me that even when it's cloudy outside, we have the sun shining inside.... just look at this (this is how Poppy actually wakes up in the morning).
I feel compelled to digress here and advise we're in the midst of a very special few minutes,
both girls are asleep!!! It's so quiet and peaceful and calm and we find ourselves looking at photos of the girls..... it's nuts! Anyway, once I truly realised the beauty of this moment, I celebrated by doing what is forbidden when they're awake... I ate chocolate cake and did a bit of this (note my new leisure suit):
Oops, Mia has awoken and just saw these shots. She was very concerned as to why I'm dancing on the couch, and promptly advised me that it's: "not nice'' ("lo yaffe'" in Hebrew).
More milestones were reached this past week. Mia discovered my makeup (of course she has seen it many times, but has never really had the opportunity to lay her little curious hands on it). So with her new found fine motor skills proceeded to beautify herself (perhaps beautify isn't the right word?).And Poppy has started to make some new sounds (moved from grrrrrr to ooooooohh and that gorgeous stationery swimming thin
2 comments:
Love the way Poppy wakes up in the morning, but no wonder!!! Who IS that crazy Jewish woman in the background you have employed as Nanny????
mmm, it's Mary Poppinsberg of course.
Post a Comment