
It was inevitable, and we're quite pleased its taken this long.... Mia has for the first time dropped the F word. It was executed with great passion and in good context (she dropped a bowl of soup). Luke's face was priceless.... it took immense self control not to react.
Later that night she also announced ''I have it!'' re her 'bits' down there, and proudly told Luke that he doesn't have it (a feminist in the making?).
Yes it's been a full on week, massive tantrums from Mia, largely brought on by sleep deprivation as she struggles with her choice to drop her daytime nap and simultaneously feels the need to stay up late and torment Luke.... Yes I do recall those stories about me as a kid marching around the house till all hours.

Mia and I made cupcakes (64 to be exact) for Sara's 40th (see photos), tried to bribe her with one in exchange for a sleep.... She abused us for an hour, but finally fell asleep while Luke read to her a bit of A.A. Milne. Her first drowsy word once she woke: "CUPCAKE!"
Anyway, the last couple of nights have been better so crossing fingers that will continue.
Poppy meanwhile has been performing well at night (sleep throughs ahoy!) yet during the day continues to power nap only (with the exception of today).

So needless to say we are pretty exhausted right now. We have a print in our living room of Picasso's Guirnica and when I looked at it recently I felt an affinity with this woman (I know I over dramatise....)
It's not all doom and gloom though. We have a new favourite song in the house, I believe it outperforms all others on the scale of dagginess and Boganity. (Efrat and Maya, don't worry, we haven't totally moved on from Poppalina, Poppalina tiny little thing...). Anyone remember Agga-Doo?
For some reason I've been singing a new personalised version using another of Poppy's nick names (Poochki-doo-doo...)
You can view Mia drumming along to it here. I recommend you view the
original for a laugh and a boogy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc (Note fabulous outfits)Mia sings it to Poppy all the time... too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment