And in my own nervous world, three friend's husbands lost their jobs recently, so it was rather real & close when my company announced almost 2000 jobs were to go. I prepared myself for the worst while Luke prepared for nothing "Why worry? I'll worry if and when we have a reason to worry." His worryless attitude both irritated and incited envy as I struggled to control my erratic head.
I was so consumed that on a grocery shopping expedition with the girls I didn't notice when Mia's shorts fell down to her ankles as she trailed behind me calmly explaining "My shorts Mummy, can you see, they've fallen down!"
So after spending the last few weeks endlessly speculating with my colleagues on what was to be, and developing a nervous and ridiculous habit of laughing at the most inappropriate moments (dubbed 'funeral laughter'), most of the team was relieved to receive good news on Thursday that we were in fact still employed! A bittersweet feeling remains as some people weren't so lucky.
Perhaps Poppy sensed the future and was sending me a signal when the day before 'the meeting' she was motivated by Mia's chocolate ice cream on the coffee table to stand! She was generously rewarded with Mia voluntarily sharing her ice cream, pity little of it made it to Poppy's enthusiastic taste buds.

Doing: Pointing, clapping and placing hands on he head ('mechi mechi capa-im'), crawling, snooping
Saying: Mama, Dada, Or (light in Hebrew), Boodi (Bear in Hebrew backwards), Book (for Bakbook which is bottle in Hebrew)
Meanwhile Mia continues to amaze me with her compassionate and playful approach to sisterhood, I just hope that continues and that when these girls are in their 80's they still enjoy each other's company
Today I had special time with Mia, she has a fever but the poor love is still deliciously gorgeous and hasn't complained one bit. It's the first time we've shared a day at home since Pre-Poppy, no offence Poppy, but we've had a time.


No comments:
Post a Comment