Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Noisy

Life seems rather noisy these days, so much going on and my head feels rather busy and consumed by too many thoughts (mostly of the un helpful kind). Anyway.. I'm working on it, and, today is Wednesday which is always a good thing when Wednesday is my wonderful day off work and on with the girls.... I LOOOOVE Wednesdays!

However, this morning's activity didn't quite go to plan. It was Mia's 3 & 1/2 y.o. check up with the Health Nurse. My naches meter was primed and polished only to be snatched and buried before I could even say "yes well, we do realised she's very special, yes we are very proud of our Mia". Mia was in a defiant and shy mood and refused to do anything!!!!!!!!!!! So in short we walked away with little but a name of a speech pathologist.
More attitude....

Over the last few months I've been concerned about Mia's speech. She has significantly improved in recent months, however, I feel she is behind her peers. To all of you out there reminding me that she's bi-lingual, yes I have taken that into consideration, but I'm still a little concerned, mainly as I worry that her limited vocab and lack of speech clarity could potentially limit her social experience as it's affecting her confidence and as other children are beginning to notice. So I've just booked her in for a hearing assessment and we'll take it from there.

Aside from that, she's been wonderful. Luke and I had a great time with her this past Sunday when we attended the Mt Scopus musical production of the the Sound Of Music one of Mia's favourite musicals.

It was fabulous, so professional and entertaining, we had a ball. The highlight for us of course was simply observing Mia as she experienced a live show for the first time. She was so excited by everything around her, the lights, the curtains, the seats, the music and even the actors. It took her a little while to believe they were the characters (I think she expected to see Julie Andrews herself) but she was sold at the end and when we got to meet some of the cast, she was smitten as she would have been meeting the real Fredrick and co.

I must say, we were all surprised to hear one song which we know as Shalom, Farewell being sung as So Long, Farewell, and this, at a Jewish school!

Luke and I loved the Jewish nuns (no crosses, but quality shcnozzes), all singing in Latin! We were however disappointed this line (not for children!) didn't quite appear in the production.

Meanwhile Poppy has been perfecting her own character and has introduced us to her tantrums complete with throwing herself back and screeching like a hyena... charming. Actually she is charming most of the time. She's learnt to blow kisses but often misses her mouth and instead hits herself on the forehead turning her gesture from a sweet affection to more of a Homer Simpson "Dough" type of move.



Now I failed to capture Poppy doing any of the wonderful things I've shared here, instead, here is Poppy ignoring her mother's instructions, just like her sister

Which is pretty much what I said to myself the other day when I realised I had fallen off my real-estate obsession wagon and found myself with not one casual and curious house inspection but with a list of 3!!!!! How could I allow this to happen? Anyway, I think I'm OK now, I caught myself after inspecting house 1 and being a little disappointed.

So instead, I'm looking for a painter to come and make this place look a little better. There are a few other tasks to perform as part of this 'Latte-House' revival:

-Clear furniture: We have a couple of pieces we've decided to clear as they don't fit. I've already listed one on Ebay, our deco-bar, feel free to bid.

-Source a cleaner: If anyone knows of someone good who will do our area, please let me know as I'm struggling.

And that's just the beginning!

I'm also in need of a little TLC myself and am after a new hair dresser, had to dismiss the last one, too sloppy, conversation too inane even for me... so again, if anyone can recommend.... my hair is out of control!





Align Center

No comments: