If anyone can remember my first mat leave, you'll also remember I had a number of rules to help keep some order and control over myself, my life, the house, Luke and of course Mia. These rules included:1. Thou shalt shower every morning
2. Thou shalt never wear trackies outside thou house
3. Thou shalt avoid all day time TV
I'm so very proud to say I kept to these rules throughout my entire seven months of mat leave (that's me with Mia, don't I look tidy? Did someone say Lindy Chamberlain???).
Well, second time around and these rules have flown out the window.
I confess I'v had some mornings where I haven't showered, and I felt good about it! I've also worn my trackies around the block (or two), to the milkbar and even out (to Sara's- sister
in law). Clarification, when I say trackies I mean my 'leisure suit'. And...... yes I have watched daytime TV! Can I blame the Olympics? Post Olympics I almost forced myself to watch a bit of Oprah or Phil and sincerely (why?), I couldn't stand them. I also gave the morning shows a go- yuck, disgusting, brain morphing, dull, delusional and desperate; I detest them all. But then, I innocently stumbled upon two fabulously trashy and entertaining shows. The View and The Ellen
Degeneres Show. The View is probably what channel 9's ill fated The Catchup was based on, but it has some more opinionated chicks including Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters and they talk about stuff including the American Presidential race which I'm also obsessed with and they welcome fun guests. Then Ellen comes on and she is so ridiculously self indulgent and sweet about it, I can't help but be amused. So it's a good hour of light and fluffy entertainment and I love it!While I'm at it I may as well confess about the rest:
- Eating chocolate for breakfast (well, after some Weetbix, and behind Mia's back)
- Staying in my PJs past noon
- Playing with lego by myself
- Watching 5 episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm in one day
- Sometimes leaving the dishwasher unstacked
- Only completing 80% of the daily washing
- Refusing to attach name tags on the girls' clothes
- Swearing like a wharfie (not in front of the children of course)

It goes on, by I wont bore you. As you can see, I'm far from perfect, but I'm happy.
2 comments:
I shall be there shortly to rescue you....
By the way, how did I get to be the only one honoured with the 'leisure suit'?
Welcome to my world... except I'm 10 times worse & have no kids!!
I can't believe your list of 'bad' things is my 'normal'. Our dishwasher is permanently unstacked until we finally run out of dishes & get desperate. My washing is never fully finished... especially sheets which sit in the basket for several months at a time... until again we run out of clean sheets & get desperate. I have watched an entire season of a sitcom on DVD & then once finished begin again (much to JP's disgust) and I'm not even going into the broken 'food' rules... too embarrassing!
So I'm glad you've ventured a small way over to the other side, but don't get too cocky... you're still super-woman compared to me :)
Meanwhile, 'The View' must have just started this week... I've always wanted to see it (heard all about it through various sources)... will have to tape it since I'm sadly working so much lately... oooh, school hols soon... joy! I've seen lots of Ellen on Foxtel... I like it, but depends on her guests.
Maybe in some kind of bizzarro world when I have kids I'll become highly organised & constantly busy outside the home, do regular exercise & my boobs will shrink? One can only hope!
Post a Comment