Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello NY!

Happy New Year!

I'm awake past midnight! First time in many years.

We've just finished a lovely meal with Anna, JP and my mum. We devoured way too much food including an exquisite and super alcoholic Tiramesu my mother made with the beautiful soundtrack of a wild and thundery storm outside. A venture to the hill up the road for a distant view of the city fireworks returned little other than an intimate experience of a massive electrical storm, we returned home wet.

I'm kind of glad this year is over. It's been a stretch for most of the time but also incredibly fulfilling. And the decade? In 2000 Luke and I were a defacto couple, renting in St Kilda, childless, working hard, I at my sister's, Luke was teaching in Werribee. What a difference a decade makes!

I've realised this year more than any other year that I can't do it all. Girlies+Lukey+Home+Career+Friends+Family+ Health+ Arts... doesn't equal perfection, but all of those elements are important to me and so I will forever be challenged in how I balance them.

May 2010 bring you great balance and happiness, that is my wish for me and all others. I hope to be wiser and easier on myself. I hope to be more available to others and to live in the moment. More organised and better prepared, but also to remember that stuff sometime just happens and to let it go.

A couple more shots of the last days of 2009 for our little family (Baking in the kitchen, front yard nudies and Elwood beach).

xxx
Cookie

1 comment:

misako mimoko said...

Hello Cookie!
So happy knowing the little friendly ghosts finally arrived and you love them so much ;) Thank you for letting me know they're already safe at home.

It's so nice looking at these two beauties baking in the kitchen, your little family is really sweet and lovely. Hope 2010 is going to be full of happiness and the great balance you wish, and this new year brings you all the good things you dream about!!!
Have a super sweet new year :)
eva xx