I never intended on taking a six month break from blogging, but that is just how things turned out. Thank you for all your words of encouragement to return to the blog, but unfortunately words weren't enough: it was time and head space that I have lacked. A few times I tried to return but felt so overwhelmed by 'catching up' that it all seemed too hard... But now, Christmas presents as a giant deadline, perhaps the kind of motivation I've been needing.

I think it's best I don't try and sum six months into a single post so I've picked the more recent stuff to cover here, and I am planning to not so subtly sneak in a back dated post to record some of the noteworthy events of the past months (you will be able to see it but please don't feel compelled to read it, it's really for the girls so in the future, when they read this they won't think they were neglected for months).
So on to it. It has been a big year and while it's flown it all so seems in some ways to have dragged on forever.
We are pooped, and as of today, officially on holidays! We're going away to Daylesford early in the NY, but otherwise, we have already started making the most of our break by catching up with each other, family and friends (the girls with the Hughes boys up top, Botanic gardens with Sophie & Pete on right, Mia at the Myer windows below, and Mia and I in gingerbread extravaganza mode above, the family in general dance mode, below).
More than anything, the next couple of weeks will be a great time of rest and an opportunity to recharge the batteries before the big move! For the few who may not be aware we sold our 'Cafe Latte House' and bought 'The Tree House', or for 30 Rock fans, 'Rural Juror', in Eltham. We move end of Feb and we are bursting with excitement. My only concern is what new obsession will take over my real-state obsession? Watch this space.Otherwise, from our family to yours, have a happy Christmas (Hanukkah is now behind us) and a fabulous NY. May 2010 bring you all that you wish for and more.
Lukey
A vision of the future? I recall having a similar battle with a drag queen once at a club...


4 comments:
Hahaha... love the eternal battle over the 'podium' between Mia and Pops... definately a vision of future battles...
Yes I'm now waiting on first outfit battle.
Hi Inbar,
Welcome back...The girls have grown and my goodness I have to admit the battle is kinda fun to watch...
Please let us know when you move so that Frank and I can visit.
Enjoy your holidays...Kel
Hi Kel,
Great to hear from you! Yes you must come and visit and yes their battles are entertaining thus far.
xx
I
Post a Comment