Monday, April 20, 2009

Party!

We had Poppy's first Birthday party extravaganza!

I went into my usual pre party frenzy but all was calm and fun by the time the guests arrived. Was so lovely to have family and friends over to celebrate and eat, eat, eat!!!!

Menu highlights:
-Safta's Burrekas
-Anna's Sandwiches
-Wilma's honey joys and chocolate crackles
-Bunny rabbit fairy bread

-Dreamy Cupcakes (massive cupcake naches, truly one of my proudest of cupcake moments, except the Persian fairy floss collapsed and partially dissolved over night, had to re-apply in the morning)
-Chocolate Birthday Cake (of course!)

This is the only photo of the 4 of us together, still, it's quite fitting.


Poppy and Mia were on their best behaviour (not to mention the other 12 kiddies/babies ranging from 6 weeks to 4 years). Poppy was exhausted at the end but happily wandered from embrace to embrace and also found the time to digest crayons and draw with texters all over her face and outfit.





Mia spent most of the time eating and blowing bubbles (new fish bubble gun massive hit!) and flirting with boyfriend #27 (Daniel).

It was all over way too quickly and not only did we have to part with Luke mid way through the party (off to a work conference for a few days), we also had to bid farewell to Granny Ro & Max who have embarked on another caravanning adventure (Ro did manage to do most of the dishes before she left though, yippee!!!).

Tired & bewildered by all the attention... yet still content

The day ended nicely with a low key dinner with Safta, when Mia turned to Poppy, placed her arm around her shoulder and said: "I love you Poppy!"

Poppy has since reciprocated in so many ways including actively hugging (with arms!) Mia and the rest of us, in fact it's the first and the last thing she does every day.....(ahhhhhh, I have no words).

Finally, (and I know this is very late..broadband & email issues) I would like to thank everyone that came, and while some couldn't resist and had to buy Poppy a present, and others donated directly, I'm pleased to advised that on the day we still managed to raise $300 for the Royal Children's Hospital, so thank you!

No comments: